Bring a Guest
to the Western Regional Conference
San Francisco, California
September 2-5, 2008
Bridging Risk to Opportunity
Don't miss out on a great opportunity to introduce a boss, co-worker, business client, or perhaps a family member to the 2008 RIMS Western Regional Conference Guest Program at the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf Hotel on September 2 - 5, 2008. Now as an Attendee, you will be able to register a Guest to attend. Please see details below:
Is there a fee for the Guest Program?
Yes, the guest registration fee is $150.00.
What does the Guest Registration include?
- Opening Reception, The Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, Tuesday, September 2 , 2008, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Thursday Evening Gala, McCormick & Kuleto's Seaford Restaurant, Thursday, September 4, 6:30 PM
Is there a limit of how many Guests I can register?
No, there is no limit.
Is there an age limit on a Guest Registration?
Yes, in order to register as a Guest, the guest must be at least 21 years of age.
How can I register a Guest?
Contact Donna Pilato, Records Management Manager, RIMS, by email at dpilato@RIMS.org. Please supply Donna with the Guest's contact information (Name, address, phone, fax, and email). Donna will contact you for payment options.
Do I have to register my Guest at the same time I register?
No, you can register your Guest any time up until the registration cut-off date of August 15, 2008. After the cut-off date Guest will need to be processed onsite starting Tuesday, September 2, at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
Onsite Where do I go to register my Guest?
You can register your Guest at The Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf, the RIMS Onsite Registration Desk.
What are the Registration hours?
- Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday, September 4, 2008, 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Friday, September 5, 2008, No Registration
Are there any sites my Guest might want to visit while in San Francisco, California?
Absolutely, The Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf is conveniently located within walking distance of many interesting attractions including the following:
- Fisherman's Wharf - Waterfront market places that include the Anchorage Shopping Center, the Cannery, Ghirardelli Square and Pier 39.
- Alcatraz Tours – Blue and Gold Fleet, Pier 41 - 800) 410-8233
Tickets to Alcatraz are available from 8am to 5pm daily, with frequent departures beginning at 9:30am. During the summer and busy seasons, advanced purchase is strongly recommended.
- Red and White Fleet, Pier 43 ½ - (415) 901-5254
- S. F. Maritime National Historical Park and Maritime Museum - (415) 561-6662
- USS Pampanito - A WWII fleet submarine may be boarded at Pier 45 - (415)775-1943
- SS Jeremiah O'Brien, Pier 45 - (415) 544-0100
The famous Liberty Ship which made an historic Atlantic crossing in 1994 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of D-Day. Open 9-4 Daily.
- Golden Gate Promenade - A nearly 4 mile long walk that begins at Aquatic Park just beyond Hyde Street Pier and winds through Fort Mason, Marina Green and Crissy Field, (a shoreline retreat adjoining the Presidio), terminating at Fort Point at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge. You can climb the stairs near Fort Point that lead up to the bridge and take "the walk of all walks" across.
- Bay Cruises - Blue & Gold Fleet, Pier 39 - (415) 705-5555
Depart year-round on narrated hour-and-a-quarter bay cruises sailing under the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, offering views of Coit Tower and Alcatraz.
- Aquarium of the Bay - Pier 39 - (415) 623-5300
- Ferry Building Market Place - (415) 693-0996
The Ferry Building Market place is a people's marketplace serving residents and travelers alike. Located within the historic Ferry Building at the front of Market Street, shops large and small celebrate food in all its forms, offering everything from artesian cheeses to the freshest of local fish. Restaurants and cafes serve cuisine representing the quality and cultural diversity of San Francisco's best chefs.
For additional information on San Francisco attractions, please stop by our concierge desk in the hotel lobby and pick up "The San Francisco Book" from the S.F. Convention and Visitors Bureau.
If I have any questions regarding the Guest Registration, who should I contact?
You can call Donna Pilato at 212-655-6035, email Donna at dpilato@RIMS.org or contact JoAnn LoRe at 212-655-6038, email JoAnn at jlore@RIMS.org.